Many times when I talk to a young mom about her relationship, she’s very unhappy.
When I ask her why she is staying in the relationship, I get an array of excuses. I’ve seriously heard them all.
So in today’s video, I’m going to tell you what I think are the top 5 Worst Reasons to stay in a Relationship.
(some of these might surprise you..)
So now I want to know.. Have you ever stayed in an unhealthy relationship because of any of these reasons?
Do you have any other worst reasons to stay in a relationship to add to the list?
Let me know in the comments..
To recap, here are my top 5 worst reasons to stay in a relationship:
- Time- Whether you’ve been together 7 days, 7 months or 7 years, the amount of time served is never a good enough reason to stay.
- Guilt- You might feel bad about ending a relationship either because you think the other person “needs you” or you “owe them” but these are not good enough reasons. The only person you owe anything to is yourself and you deserve happiness. I talk more about putting yourself first in this video.
- Loneliness- It can be scary to think about being alone, especially if you’ve been in a relationship a long time, but it’s actually really empowering to be single and spend time alone. You get to really know yourself and see how strong you actually are.
- Stuff- Thinking about having to figure out and fight over everything you own can seem overwhelming and seem like more trouble than to just stay together, but really, it’s just stuff. Staying because of material possessions is just dumb.
- The Kids- This is definitely the #1 reason I hear. Sooo many people stay in unhappy relationships “for the kids”, but trust me, you’re not doing them any favors by staying together. It’s way better for kids to grow up seeing a happy mom and a happy dad, living separately, than to grow up only having an unhealthy relationship as their only example.
So that’s it for today! If you liked this post be sure to share it 🙂 and let’s continue this conversation in the comments…